Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brrrrrr!!!

Who ordered the Artic weather?? It's miserable outside and it's only mid-January. I can't believe we have to endure at least two more months of winter! I need another vacation. Lauren doesn't seem to mind, as you can see from the picture, she'd prefer to go without clothes anyway.
Lauren was under the weather today, so I stayed home with her. She seems to be feeling a bit better this evening. We're crossing our fingers for a full night of sleep tonight. I can't take too many nights of being awake from 2 a.m. on with a screaming child.

In other news...and I'm sure only parents of toddlers would post such things on a blog...Lauren put poopies in the potty last weekend!! We were shocked. Justin bought her a potty on Saturday and she was so excited to use it. Half an hour later, she really did! She's used it successfully a few other times since Saturday, but I think the excitement and newness is wearing off already. We figured she was too young, but had our fingers crossed that maybe she'd just potty train herself since we obviously have no experience with this.

Well I thought I'd post some cute videos taken of Lauren recently to warm you up. Enjoy!!
The first is our Future Iowa Hawkeyes Cheerleader!!

When staying at my parents while we were on vacation, they would always ask Lauren whether she was Memaw's Girl or Papa's Girl. Apparently she can't decide which she'd rather be. Click here.

This Christmas she really become fond of Bing Crosby. In fact, we can't put it away! Everytime we walk through the family room, we have to turn him on and dance. Watch Lauren and Bing dancing here. This girl has some moves!!!

And you have to see her latest "silly face." She really thinks she's quite funny. Click here.

Thanks for checking in on us. Stay warm.

Until next time--

No comments: