Tuesday, May 19, 2009

23 months old!!

Once again, I am behind in posting blog entries! Lauren will be 23 months tomorrow. I can't believe it. I was just looking at pictures of her from this time last year and I can't believe how much she has changed! She finally has hair, she is walking (running actually), talking non-stop, and being so silly. What a personality she has!! (Justin may disagree, but I think she takes after me!)

As usual, we've been busy (but unfortunately don't have many pictures to account for our travels!) The month started with a trip to Des Moines for a long weekend to visit Uncle Mikey, Aunt Maggie, Aunt Lissa, Uncle Jim, Nick (Lauren's favorite!) and Stephanie. We had a great time going to Nick's baseball games, visiting friends from college and law school, and just hanging out with everyone! It was a great relaxing weekend and the weather was absolutely perfect! Lauren received many "new" toys (hand-me-downs) from Stephanie that are now new favorites in our house. One of my favorites (which i hope someday becomes one of her favorites were tap shoes!! Watch the video here. We had a great weekend and can't wait to see everyone again soon!!

Mother's Day was a great day as well! We went to church in the morning and after church went for a long run through the parks and the trails and then in the afternoon went to see Elmo Live!! Yes, Elmo Live for Mother's Day! (I'm such a giving Mommy!) I think Lauren really liked it, although she sat glued to our laps for most of the performance. We enjoyed dinner after the show with Mark, Trulie and Jessie!
This past weekend, while Justin (and his dad and brothers-in-laws) were golfing in Galena, Lauren and I spent the weekend with my parents in Iowa. She didn't want to leave Memaw and Papa's house, but I think they needed to rest their ears. They're not used to non-stop talking from 6:30 a.m. on!! We ate dinner on Friday night at the Sombrero so Lauren could have guacamole and soppapillas-- her favorites. I'm sure My Family will appreciate this video...Lauren making her own creations! (Remind you all of anyone??)

We're looking forward to a low-key Memorial Day weekend at home. We're hoping for nice weather and lots of time outside. On this Memorial Day, we especially remember Grandma McGill who past away in February.

Until next time--

No comments: