This year is Wheaton's 150th celebration and the city has planned many community events throughout the year. We spent a fun morning one Saturday a few weeks ago at the park near our house with about 1000 other people trying to break the world record for the most kites in the air at the same time. This was Lauren's first experience flying a kite and she loved it...mostly loved chasing it! Neither Justin or I had much experience flying kites, but we were able to get it off the ground (barely!) and I think we actually kept it in the air for the requisite thirty seconds. The record was held by a town in Germany with 954 kites in the air at the same time. Wheaton had enough people registered, but apparently we didn't break the record...not a surprise I guess-- have you ever tried to get over a 1000 kites in the air on a not very windy at the same time? It is not so easy! It was definitely a good effort and a fun way to spend a Saturday morning. Watch the video below:
No comments:
Post a Comment